Re: [Evolution] Upgrade to 1.2

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 20:54, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 20:38, Ronald Watts wrote:

> Thanks, Stephen.  When I do just that, I get the message:
>
> "All packages...are already installed on your system", even though
> they're not.
>
> On doing a little more homework, it appears that SuSE 7.3 is NOT
> supported for Ev 1.2 - you have to upgrade to 8.1.  At least, that's
> my interpretation of what's available on the ftp sites.  So maybe Red
> Carpet is being more intelligent than I gave it credit for...
>
> RW

What about "cheating" a bit more - maybe going so far as to
"momentarily" rename your /usr/bin/evolution to something like
/usr/bin/evolution-old and THEN trying to use RedCarpet...(I've
hoodwinked RC before - just to get something I otherwise couldn't get -
which was Gnome2 - but that ended up being a bigger mistake).
Hmm... someone with more skills than I might be able to pull it off, but I've recently had a near-death experience doing something a bit like that, so I have decided to splurge on SuSE 8.1

RW