[Evolution] Upgrade to 1.2

I have been using a manually-installed version of Evolution 1.0.8 under SuSE 7.3, and decided to install Red Carpet to upgrade to 1.2.  The problem is that the "upgrade" feature in Red Carpet thinks that I am up to date, and it will not proceed with the 1.2 upgrade.

A message in the archive stated that SuSE 7.3 and Ev 1.2 were not supported, but I assume this has been superseded, or else I would not have been offered a SuSE 7.3-specific distribution.

Also, since I'd like to back up the mail folders before upgrading, where are they?  Thanks for any help

Ron W