Re: [Evolution] spamassassin

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 09:58, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
fre, 2002-12-27 kl. 14:43 skrev Arthur S. Alexion:

Finally got spamd/spamassassin configured and working, and it is a truly
nice piece of software.  For a couple of days, I kept the
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs file open in an editor and tweaked the
white/black lists, and now it seems to be extremely accurate.

But I don't run my own mail server, so, while the program excels at
segregating and quarantining spam, it is a shame that I will continue to
need to waste downloading and processing time on the garbage.  I still
have not figured out how to use spamassassin to prevent or stop the spam
from coming to me in the first place.

This brings me to the question, is there a way, using the evolution
rules, to automate a bounce of the message every time it is determined
by spamassissin to be spam?

It's the job of the smtp mailserver to allow or deny mail domains.

There's absolutely no way Evo could reject spam before it receives it.
in your mail box.

Thanks, Tony.

Perhaps this is clearer as to what I want to do.  Kmail can generate a
bounce that appears to be sent from the mail server.  Normally, this can
be done manually, but I can set its filters (rules) so that mail
spamassassin detects as spam is first "bounced" and then moved to a
"spam" folder.

While the mail is not actually rejected, it appears to the spammer as if
it was sent to a non-existent address on the server.  If the spammer is
gathering and using this information, it thinks that the address is
"dead" and deletes it from its database.  It is a way of unsubscribing.

Can I do the same in evolution?
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC