Re: [Evolution] GPG won't encryp message

On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 06:43, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:
i can place a signature but
when trying to encrypt messages i get i error that the the public key is
not found.

Well, generally such errors can be taken at face value. I find that I
often think I have a key for someone, and indeed I do, but it is for
them at a different email address. If you're not emailing to that email
address, Evolution won't know to use that public key to encrypt to them.

As a somewhat important aside, you might want to have a look at your
keyring: You signed the message you sent to the list with key ID
1059273B; however, when I looked for your key on the public keyservers*,
I found on for patrick marquetecken pandora be having key ID E9F294A2.
So in this case I was not able to verify your signature because I don't
have access to the public key that matches 1059273B. So that is one
mismatch you might want to look at. Email me directly if you want to
pursue that further.

Regards,

        Andrew

* I searched keyserver.net and pgp.mit.edu for your email address and
keyid, with no matches.

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd

Australia +61 4 1079 6725  North America +1 646 270 5376

andrew operationaldynamics com au