Re: [Evolution] Feature Request

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 04:18, carlo piana wrote:

Yeah, that's my point. I cannot afford (in terms of security and of
dedicated resources) to have a pop server in my office, and rely on my
ISP's. Although I have quite a large connection, I understand that IMAP
is somewhat heavier to manage than POP, for that it implies
client/server database transactions and is not viable for low bandwidth
connection (not that this is my case, though).

Plus, it
works, doesn't hurt anybody, use it! ;)

I think the reason some ISPs don't support IMAP is that they don't like
so much mail remaining on the server.  They can't control the POP leave
mail on server option, but discourage their subscribers from using it.

Anyway, I agree that Evolution should support selective mail downloads
and deletions.

--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC