Re: [Evolution] Filter problems

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 17:42, Mika Liljeberg wrote:
On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 02:16, Not Zed wrote:
I have similar problems with my filters [Evo1.2.0 on Debian/Sid]. For
some reason, the filters are not run automatically on my secondary mail
account, a local /var/spool/mail mbox. (Yes, the right checkbox is
ticked in mailbox settings). If I mark the emails and run the filters
manually, they work. However, evolution then fails to add the
"x-evolution-source" header to the messages when moving them into local
folders.

How have you setup the source?  You should use the 'local delivery'
option.

Ok, I see. That seems to work. What's the purpose of "standard Unix mbox
pool"? Export only?

It is primarly for people to 'visit' existing mail, e.g. pine mail,
and/or those that like to use a re-usable inbox with other mail clients
like pine or elm etc.  It works, but is a fair bit less efficient if you
just want to copy new mail to evolution's storage area.

Also, the 'filter new messages' stuff in that code has a few bugs ...