Re: [Fwd: Re: [Evolution] Configuring Gnome-pilot on RH 7.3 for Palm m500 - SOLVED]

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 16:36, Christopher Ness wrote:
The evolution-pilot package was not available through red carpet when I
installed it.  You need this package to put the conduits in gnome-pilot.

It was when I ugraded, I have version 1.2.0-1.ximian.1 which is
definitely installed through Red Carpet...
Perhaps you can try a different server?  Sometimes the server makes a
lot of difference in Red Carpet...

Do you have the Evolution Conduits, you should be able to check through
the GnomePanel.  Look for EAddress, etc.

Yes, they're all there...
I don't know if they were there before I tried to sync my Palm, because
I never had any reason to look there...

gpilotd tends to sleep or get defunct on my machine.  I just kill the
process and restart it in a terminal so I can see the output.  Try this.

At first I had a problem getting the gpilotd to shut down so I could
press the HotSync button before starting it! I hope that was clear from
my previous post...
Since then I haven't rebooted and the gpilotd seems to be running
whenever I need it...
I do have the gpilotd-applet installed and running in my panel. Are you
using Gnome?

now press the sync button.  Sometimes it takes a while to wake the
cradle.

As far as I can remember I've only had to try twice to get the Palm to
sync until now.  And even then I might have been pushing a little bit
too much, trying to get everything up and running in under 30 secs. :)

HTH
--
 #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens linux be>   Linux User #249103  #
 #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #