Re: [Fwd: Re: [Evolution] Configuring Gnome-pilot on RH 7.3 for Palm m500 - SOLVED]

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 20:10, W Pennington wrote:
Is your palm USB or Serial?
USB
Which version of Evolution are you using?
evolution-1.2.0-1.ximian.1
Are you still using RH 7.3?
Yes, I have installed almost every available package and have updated
all I could through Red Carpet on a regular basis.
I also upgraded to Evo 1.2 this way.
Are you synchronizing using gpilotd?  Is gpilotd working for you?
Yes, I set everything up through the Gnome Control Panel and after
several attempts it worked.  I think maybe you have to log out and in
again for some reason.  At least it only started working for me after
logging back in the next day.  (I did NOT reboot, simply log out and
back in).
I can't explain why this would work, perhaps the gpilotd gets shut down
after some time, or when a user logs out...
I think that's what finally did the trick for me, I pressed the hotsync
button before starting evolution or opening the gnome control panel
again and once more after checking my settings (which I presume started
the daemon) and then it worked...

Sorry I can't me more precise, I hope this is still useful to you...

HTH
--
 #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens linux be>   Linux User #249103  #
 #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #