Re: [Evolution] HELO respose error: (again)

Hi Guys

I've worked out what it is - We have a firewall / NAT box that
translates our private IPs to public IPs. It would appear that this acts
as a transparent firewall, and it is this box that doesn't understand
the EHLO, and responds with the 502.

However, this is still a bug in Evolution, as it should handle this much
more gracefully.

In Summary:

During an SMTP conversation, if an EHLO fails, then evolution should
drop to HELO, and not report any errors.

People can argue about whether or not this follows the specs, but from
an enduser's point of view, if Outlook/Mozilla/Kmail/etc works, then so
should Evo.

I think that people are under the impression this bug is fixed, but it
isn't! (I'm using the latest devel snapshot RPMS btw)

Regards

Dave