Re: [Evolution] Can Evolution send attachments that are not displayed in the sent-folder?

tor, 2002-08-15 kl. 01:04 skrev Mertens Bram:

I just received a warning of a mailing-list robot, that a message I sent
might be infected with a virus. I'm using Evolution 1.0.8 on a RH7.3.

The message did not (to my knowledge) contain ANY attachment (it wasn't
signed either).

Below is the warning I received followed by the full source of the
message I sent as I found it in my sent folder

My smtp server, Exim 4.10 running on RH Linux, does the same too. It
checks the declared content of the base64 encoded message body:

("--XIAR77O3Hv4844ZPIuyUO

against a regex list of banned types, with or without spaces or funny
chars. in the name of the executable. It very rarely makes mistakes,
gives the admin of the sending smtp server a chance to do something
about the mail. It would never reject html, xml or normal base64 coded
messages.

The message received by Exim is saved to a "cesspit" in a special,
non-accessible directory on the server.

Judging from the message ids you quoted, the server rejecting your mail
is not Exim and its filter is not working as it should.

Best,

Tony