Re: [Evolution] Unable to upgrade evolution: libstdc++ deadlock

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 05:20, C R Zamana wrote:
      Hi!

      I've recently upgrade my system from RH 7.2 to RH 7.3.
By the time of this upgrade I realize that Ximian is an "invasive
desktop", so I decided not to use anything with "ximian" in the
rpm package. That's ok.

Try asking redhat, if you're having problems with their packages.

      The question now is that I'm using evolution 1.0.5-2.4, and
every morning, when I power on my machine, I need to make a kind of
"ceremony" in order to have evolution running:

1) I run the evolution and get my messages;

2) I click on any message: evolution gets locked.

3) I open an xterm and run: killall evolution-mail.

4) I wait until evolution shows me how are the weather in Boston :-)

5) I close evolution and run again: killall evolution-mail

6) I reopen evolution and everything goes fine.

      After all this I can't send attachments because evolution
locks again.

      Well, so I decided to upgrade my evolution, and this is the
problem:

1) evolution needs mozilla 1.0.1

2) mozilla needs libstdc++.so.4

      And I can't upgrade libstdc++ because my current version is
needed by nothing less than 38 packages. Mozilla-1.0.0 include!!! :-)

      So, the question: how to solve this problem?

      Sorry if this was already replied.

      Thank you.
      Best regards.