Re: [Evolution] The lost message (weird filter behaviour)

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 06:24, Mertens Bram wrote:
Hi,

This morning I received a message from a professor at my university,
neither the sender nor the subject matched any filter so it was supposed
to be delivered to my INBOX.

However it was delivered to the folder where I keep the messages from
the OpenOffice.org swriter mailing list.

I checked and double checked the filter I use to put messages in that
folder (it's quite complicated because I move messages from the general
mailing list there as well), I even checked the xml file but I can't
find the reason why it would have been moved to that folder!

mind sending me the rule that moves messages into that folder and also
sending me the message?

Luckiliy I have a vfolder set up to catch all messaged sent directly to
me (as opposed to some mailing list) so I was able to mark the message
as unread and find it.

I then edited the rule that moves all messages from my professors to the
"Prof UA" folder, this filter is above the previously mentioned filter,
and chose "apply filters".  The message was moved to the correct folder
BUT it wasn't marked 'important' until I pressed "apply filters" again!

That's because it applied the important flag to the message in the
original folder; not the message that got moved.

So I have two problems:
1) some filters are acting strange (btw I'm no longer having problems
with the "apply color" filter

sounds like they are working fine to me :-)

2) Is it possible to see to which folder a message belongs when you're
reading it in a vfolder? If not I think that would be a nice feature! :)

in the development cvs version, yes. You can add a column to the
message-list that shows the source folder for a message.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.