Re: [Evolution] Evolution not recognizing /etc/aliases file

Evolution version 1.0.3 (came with RH 7.2, I think) does not seem to
ackowledge the sendmail /etc/aliases file. I have access to 1.0.5 at my
house, but I have not verified if the problem exists there as well.

Yes, evolution does not read your /etc/aliases, just like it doesn't
read your inetd.conf or XF86config. I'm not sure what you're expecting
it to do...?

If you just need to be able to send mail to aliases defined there, then
configure your account to use sendmail rather than SMTP to send mail,
and it will just work.

If you want to make the composer autocomplete addresses out of
/etc/aliases, then no, there's no way to make it do that currently. It
would be possible to write a backend that would do that though.

-- Dan