[Evolution] Evolution not recognizing /etc/aliases file

(Forgive me if this questions been asked before. I'm new to this list, and
there's nothing in the KB I kind find to answer this ;-)

Evolution version 1.0.3 (came with RH 7.2, I think) does not seem to
ackowledge the sendmail /etc/aliases file. I have access to 1.0.5 at my
house, but I have not verified if the problem exists there as well.

Is there a configuration option somewhere to make Evolution recognize this
file, or is this just a bug? /etc/aliases support really is a must for
organizations that use it (like us).

--
Sam Hart
University/Work addr. <hart physics arizona edu>