Re: [Evolution] Stripping .sig's in replies

On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 10:49, Dan Winship wrote:
On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 10:38, Jason Kohles wrote:
On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 10:19, Dan Winship wrote:
4.  When "nuke-a-sig" is run, start at the end of the message, and only
read back <n> (user configurable?) lines to get to the delimiter.

There's no reason to make it user configurable. And I'd suggest "5" for
n.

That's a good reason to make it configurable, I'd argue that the bigger
the sig, the more it needs stripping.

Then that's a lousy reason to make it configurable. Having a
configuration option means "we think some people only want to strip
small signatures, but other people want to strip large signatures too,
so you can decide".

Well, if you want to only strip sigs shorter than 5 lines, and I want to
strip sigs larger than that, then apparently "some people only want to
strip small signatures, but other people want to strip large signatures
too" is true.

What you're arguing for is "it shouldn't be based on the number of
lines, you just need to have a smarter algorithm"

No, I'm arguing that if it is going to be based on the number of lines,
then the number of lines should be configurable.

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles redhat com
Senior System Architect