Re: [Evolution] Re: Converting from MH to Evolution

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 20:16, Not Zed wrote:
On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 23:19, Lance A. Brown wrote:
Not Zed <notzed ximian com> writes:

What exactly are sequences?

MH uses sequences to track which messages are read, unread, etc.
Users can use them to mark groups of messages with specific tags, etc.

Is there any documentation on this available anywhere?  One of the main
problems with mh is it is so poorly defined and everyone does things
differently, etc.

mh-sequence (5) on an (n)mh installed machine; there's probably a copy
on the web somewhere too, but I didn't Google for it.  There's actually
a fairly extensive set of man files shipped with nmh, which is a good
place to start for documentation.  (Check nmh (1) for a full listing of
the available programs/doc files).

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "everyone does things
differently"; isn't there an original mh reference implementation?
(Personally, I'd worry about nmh, which is currently supported, even
though it has some extensions beyond the original spec, but if you want
maximal compatability, I suppose you should stick to the (old) mh.).

--
Russell Steinthal               Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39 columbia edu>            Columbia College, Class of 1999