Re: [Evolution] wishlist items

On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 11:20, Jennifer Pinkham wrote:
Are any of these items in the works for Evo?

3) Have the appointments automatically use the Summary text field
when creating a pop-up reminder.  my goal is to have an iCal/GnomeCal
equivalent. Simple popup with a beep like an alarm clock

I have a small patch here to replicate the GnomeCal beeping behavior,
although it's not as automatic as you suggest.  Instead, it's a simple
utility which you can call using the Evolution "Run a program" reminder
action and specify your desired timeout, snooze time, message, etc.  I
wanted to do a bit more work before submitting it to the main tree, but
if you're interested in it, drop me a note.

5) for mail filters, have an easy way to set a specific filter to always
be last, so when you add new filters, they will always go in front of
this chosen filter.

Yes, this would definitely be useful.  It's one of the biggest gotchas
I've encountered in trying to port my .procmailrc to Evolution filters.
(That and the fact that, unlike Procmail, moving a message to a folder
doesn't automatically terminate filtering, requiring an explicit Stop
Processing action...  That should be configurable for the benefit of us
converting-procmailers. :))

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal               Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39 columbia edu>            Columbia College, Class of 1999