Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: e-mail client of dreams]

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 04:12, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 14:19, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 20:10, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 13:20, Michael Rothwell wrote:

5) Integrated PGP encryption
Got it! Woo! But the integration could be a little tighter. This is
probably as much a problem with GnuPG as Evo.

Yeah.  The right way to do it would be to integrate the keys into the
addressbook (and make that general enough that you can implement S/MIME
encryption on top of that too), and somehow link that to the pgp key
management.

Yes, would be great. But please, please, please get MIME handling right
first. GPG integration is broken if signed multipart msgs won't verify.

Sorry, this isn't MIME handling not being right, its PGP assuming
incorrect things about mail transfer that we have to work around.

Also, more general, if I save a mail from evo and diff it with the mail
from the mailspool, the diff MUST imho be zero (perhaps modulo some evo
special headers).

It's a non-trivial problem to solve... but feel free to send patches our
way, we'll be glad to accept!

Jeff

cheers
-- vbi