[Evolution] Connector & Exchange Version

Well, I was SOOO happy that I was going to be able to ditch WinBlows (A *requirement* at my job) for Evolution, using the new Connector. I checked with my SysAdmin, and he told me we were running Exchange 2000, so I went out and purchased a license for the Connector. I got it installed, and could not connect to the Exchange Server. Dang. Upon further pressing my SA, it turns out that, well, we're not REALLY running EX2000, but 5.5. Am I totally screwed here? Do I have a Connector license I cannot use? Am I doomed to a life of misery and Windows Error messages?

Thanks!

dg