Re: [Evolution] Pilot Sync Error/Gnome Control Center: Conduits missing!!!

* Design Chain Associates LLC Information (info designchainassociates com) [010927 10:15]:
Yes they do, and they mostly work (I can't seem to override the conduit
settings in the Pilot Link dialog box but that's the only place it appears
to not work yet). Evolution can communicate with the pilot, and in fact was
able to before installing all this Ximian stuff with Jpilot for the last
couple years (but installing one of the recent betas of evolution blew that
capability away, and in fact uninstalled jpilot!).

Yah, I noticed that the last (working) RC install I did blew away jpilot.
I'm jealous that your Pilot stuff is working.  Really.  It's my #1 priority
now that the semester has started and I need to keep my schedules consistient.

What Linux distribution
are you using? Ximian claims that they'll install all necessary software so
you should just be able to (nervously) sit back and watch...their red carpet
service is actually not too bad.

I'm running LInuxPPC, linux on Macs.  I *was* really happy with the RC/ximian
stuff, and in fact I would have been listed as one of their biggest fans....
but now my RC won't run, control-center is all but useless... I don't know
if it's my fault (glibc upgrade) or theirs (can't get a straight answer;
I do know that the 0.13 version of evolution, the .ppc.rpm was corrupted).

I dunno, I'm thinking now I need to go to Mandrake-ppc or use KDE.  But my
"real" work machines are LPPC, and I don't want to be inconsistient... I do
have a lab to run.

Cheers,

Mike

--
C. Michael McCallum         |  "That may be one tough nut to crack,
Associate Professor         |        but I am one determined