Re: [Evolution] LDAP Contacts

To create a contact db using openldap you need to have the
evolutionperson.schema file in your schema directory on your
server.(actually I am not so sure about it, but in my case I found it
true when I was testing my ldap address book few snapshot ago around
0.12 or so).

Then include the path to that file in your slapd.conf config file. Set a
rootdn (ie: rootdn "cn=Admin,dc=mydomain,dc=org" and set your access
right. (You can start with access to * by * write). Only for testing
though.

Then create a file (ie: newentry) that you will import in your ldap
database. Assuming your domain name is mydomain.org

DN: dc=mydomain,dc=org
objectclass: dcObject
dc: mydomain

DN: cn=Admin,dc=mydomain,dc=org
objectclass: organizationUnit
ou: People

Then add that file to our database

lpadadd -x -f newentry

Try accessing your database from the prompt using ldapsearch -x. If you
succeed then try accessing it from the system where Evolution will run
from.

Then in Evolution, enter your ldap fqdn, and put your rootdn where it is
requested.

You should then be able to access your database and if you set
authentication, be able to write to it. This use to work without setting
Authentication, but was changed after I reported it and now I am bitting
my fingers about it. I haven't tested it recently as I think you cannot
still access your LDAP source from the compose window which make having
your own LDAP address book almost useless. Hopefully somebody will tell
me it is working again.

Hope I answered your request

Regards

Pascal