[Evolution] Deleting from a list of Unread messages

The new version of Evo has impressed me - at last I have enough
speed to start going through my inbox and tidy it up.

I sorted on the Unread/Read state of the messages,
and clicked on an Unread message.
If you then Delete, Evo marks that mail with a score through,
but then resorts the mail so that mail is in its correct Unread place.
This is counterto what I would wan tit to do -
ie. to jump to the next unread.

Should I instead configure Evo to move deleted mails directly
to Trash? How do I do this - its not obvious in the mail server
settings.

John Hearns