[Evolution] Mutt, fetchmail and procmail

   I'd like to use Evolution and also be capable of using standard UNIX
tools to read and manage my maildirs.
   I tried to access all my maildirs in Evolution, but for each maildir
I had to create a qmaildir type account and I wasn't able to nest them.
   The solution was use the ~/evolution directory to store my mail, in
the evolution Local Folders. Is there any problem if I use
'fetchmail+procmail' to deliver my mail to the Local Folders instead of
the Evolution built-in POP interface? And can I manage the Local Folders
with other e-mail programs like balsa or mutt and not only with
Evolution?