[Evolution] Problems with Cyrus S/IMAP

I'm trying desperately to ditch Mozilla Mail here at work, but Evolution
doesn't seem to handle S/IMAP with a Cyrus server very well.

1) Filters do not apply on the inbox, even though I have "Apply filters
to INBOX" checked in the account. A Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Y applies the filters,
but it's quite annoying to have to do this all the time.

2) Opening the INBOX seems very flakey. Sometimes it works, sometimes it
looks like it got mail, but then the INBOX is never refreshed. Even
changing to another folder and then back again doesn't help.

3) Letting it automatically retrieve new mail seems to actually pull the
mail in, but anytime I click on Send/Receive it seems to just hang. I
usually have to restart Evolution at this point.

Relevant info:
Evolution 20010821 snapshot build
- (rebuild from src.rpm after installing evo-db3 package and altering
spec file to use /opt/evo-d3b/[include|lib] as well as enabling SSL
- Cyrus IMAP version 2.0.16
- Mandrake Cooker (all packages except Evolution)

Does anyone else have S/IMAP with Cyrus working better than I do? Is
there some debugging output I can send to help debug this? Should I grab
a newer snapshot (since SSL is supposed to be included in the next
release officially)?

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org