From: "Ferris, Shawn" <Shawn Ferris twtelecom com>
To: "Ibukun Okitika" <ibukun computer org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 9:12 AM
Subject: [Evolution] Re: Antialiased fonts

In regards to your post on Evolution mailling list.. I don't know the
answer to your question but I am curious about how you added the
truetype fonts to your system? Feel free to point to an RTFM. I've read
a couple and in the midst some how crashed and trashed my XF86Config.
DOH!

I was loading the freetype XF86 module but found documentation for the
xtt module and tried switching when all hell broke loose on my machine.
(Sneaking hunch it was an XFS thing)

Regardless.. I am going to switch back to freetype just as soon as I
restore my XF86Config. Once I do, how did you go about getting the extra
truetype fonts installed? I created the directory, put it in the font
path and xftconfig but they did not show up. I'm assuming I had to
create a fonts.dir file but I was looking for a script to generate it to
no avail.

Any quick help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.. Or tell
me to get lost. 8)

SMF 8)

Oracle DBA - Time Warner Telecom