Re: [Evolution] IMAP Trash folder?

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 01:09:24PM -0400, Mike Sangrey wrote:
Also, if you stick `Trash' down in `vFolders' I would have assumed THAT
`Trash' folder had something to do with stuff deleted out of `vFolders'
and that REALLY gets confusing.

I think this is the problem: The term "Trash" has a meaning assigned to it
that people are accustomed to from using other mail clients... Deleted
things get *moved* into it, and you go in there to pull them out.
Furthermore, you're used to seeing one for each account you pull mail from.
We're running into problems because we're using the same term but it means
something completely different.

My suggestion?  Rename "Trash" to "Deleted Items" and put it down among the
vFolders.  (You can pick something shorter/more specific than "Deleted
Items", as long as it doesn't confuse with "Trash".)  If, as some have
suggested, traditional Trash functionality is available in a later release,
call THAT "Trash", but retain "Deleted Items" for the name of this vFolder.

Bret
--
Bret Mogilefsky * Mgr. SCEA Developer Support * mogul gelatinous com