Re: [Evolution] non-email folders broken in debian SID beta5 package

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:14:43PM -0700, Joseph Levi Barnett wrote:
yo.

Due to recent instabilities in CVS, I've decided to downgrade to beta5.
being a debian user, I grabbed the evolution-ssl package out of SID/non-us
after make uninstalling the CVS gal,gtkhtml, and evolution modules.  I even
went so far as to apt-get install --reinstall relevant packages depended on by
evolution.

Now I can receive mail without freezing evolution, and this made me happy :)

however, when I click on calendar or tasks view, all I get is a white evolution
pane, and an empty toolbar.  clicking on addressbook causes CPU to spike for
30-60 seconds, after which my selection defaults back to the previously
selected item (as if i had clicked on 'local folders' in the tree view).

Strange... this has suddenly started happening to me as well.  Since last night I believe.  Must be that one
of the new packages has caused a problem with evolution.  I did a dist-upgrade before I left last night, and
now I have all the symtoms you have reported.

Since addressbook is broken, the To: CC: and Bcc: fields in my composer view
have no text entry box, and I cannot send emails because I cannot tell
evolution where to send emails to (email address data is lost when i try to
reply to an email, so there is NO way for me to send emails anywhere using
evolution at this point).

does anyone have any ideas as to where I should look to fix these issues?
barring that, I'll just wait for a nice functional CVS version to reappear
from the depths of developerland :)  I have had the debian packages for
beta 5 work in the past, but perhaps something has changed since then?
It's my understanding that these beta releases SHOULD be relatively stable,
but I understand the product is in ongoing development, blah blah, etc. :),
I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could look to try to fix these
problems.

I think notifying the package maintainer is a good first step.  If you haven't al ready.  :)

Thanks
-Joe

* Blake

P.S. I wrote this in mutt, since I'm dead in the water like you.  heh