Re: [Evolution] Multiple filtering nukes messages

On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 11:46, Matt Nelson wrote:
In evo +cvs.2001.10.15.08.08 I am seeing a dangerous filtering
behavior.  Try the following:

- set up a folder, such as "Ximian Mailing Lists" and a filter to move
incoming messages into it.

- after a few messages accumulate in the new folder, select it so that
you see the message pane containing the filtered messages.

- press CTL-a, CTL-y to filter those messages again.

*poof* all the messages disappear.  They don't even show up in the
trash.

It looks to me like the filtering mechanism first copies the messages to
their destination, then deletes them.  In this case, they get copied on
top of themselves, then deleted.

Note: all of the above is with IMAP folders.  This may have happened in
earlier evo's, but I hadn't noticed it till now.

I do this all the time, and have never seen this problem.  You might
want to double check your filters.

Another example of how enable/disable filter(s) would be nice! ;-)

Regards,
--
Mike Leckey, Jr.        rml phxlab honeywell com        602.231.1685
Honeywell Engines & Systems                             Phoenix, AZ