Re: [Evolution] RE: [Evolution-hackers] LDAP

Cool, I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I get to the office.

On Sat, 2001-10-06 at 12:43, Chris Toshok wrote:
On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 12:21, cwatson InPhact com wrote:
dc=inphact,dc=com

Base

Well, the search scope shouldn't ever really be Base - One and Sub are
pretty much the only useful scopes.  Base was just included for
completeness (and for the occasional time when you only have 1 contact
you ever look up.)  Base means "look at just the root dn of the query".
One is "every direct child of the rootdn", and Sub is "the entire
subtree rooted at rootdn."

Try changing it to One - i think that's the default for ldapsearch.

toshok

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Toshok [mailto:toshok adorable org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 8:35 PM
To: Watson, Cory
Cc: evolution-hackers ximian com; evolution ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] LDAP

What did you put in the following fields of the ldap server dialog:

Search base
Search scope

toshok

On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 10:13, cwatson InPhact com wrote:
Well, I've managed to get LDAP Authentication working, now I wanna get my
contacts working.

Soooo... my ldif is attached.  Up until the last hour or so, I was running
0.14, now I'm running the latest snapshot from Red Carpet.  What I've got
here gets added cleanly, but Evolution fails to find anything when I do a
search.  Running slapd on the terminal with '-d 10' I see:

ldap_read: want=1002, got=1002
0000: (blah blah blah, snip) ...c.....dc=inp
0010: (blah blah blah, snip) act, dc=com.....
(blah blah, the search, lookin' for Watson on every evolutionPerson
attribute)
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 7
(blah blah snip)
ldap_read: want 1 error=Resource temorarily unavailable

When I use ldapsearch by hand:

ldapsearch -h localhost -X -LLL -b "dc=inphact,dc=com" "sn=Watson)"

I get:

dn: uid=gwatson,ou=People,dc=inphact,dc=com
cn: Cory
sn: Watson
(blah blah blah)

Which is the proper result.

If someone will help me out here, I will gladly write up a HOWTO for
others
;)  One of you people has to know how to do this, as someone wrote the
durn
code ;)

(Sorry to the evolution list, I've sent a couple of these messages, but
I'm
roping ximian-hackers into it now, since noone has been able to help)

Cory 'G' Watson
"Perl is designed to give you several ways to do anything, so consider
picking the most readable one."
                   --Larry Wall in the perl man page