Re: [Evolution] Features possible?

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 12:24, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 14:05, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
I have a few nitpicks with Evolutions right now, and I'm wondering if
any of these things are possible?  Perhaps I overlooked some
configuration options ...

        * When a filter is applied that moves a message to another
          folder, the original message is left in my inbox but marked as
          deleted.  How do I expunge that message from the folder once
          it's moved?

Actions / Expunge ;-)

        * Similar to the above, when I manually move a message to
          another folder, can I have it automatically expunged?

Not for 1.0, maybe for a future version (there's already bug reports
related to this)

        * The default search type is "Message contains" but I find
          myself 99% of the time using "Sender contains."  Is there a
          way to change the default?

I think the default should probably be Sender Contains, it used to be
but then Message Contains got stuffed in there by someone - not really
the most useful search to be the default imho. Sender Contains would be
a much better default, Subject Contains would be another possibly good
runner-up.

Also, as I begin to use vfolders, I find myself wanting the ability to
do full boolean queries ((a && b) || (c && d), say).  Is this planned
for future versions?

The problem is that this is hard to do in the UI, the backend already
fully supports it.

Here's a thought on an advanced UI for that... It's not perfect but I
can't think of a better way:

Execute actions [if logical expression is met]
(a) Recipients   contains       foo
(b) Sender       contains       bar ximian com
(c) Message Body contains       bork

Logical expression: [((a&b)|c)|(~b&c)]

Where the expression would be a text entry box.

Any better ideas would be welcome, though. :-)

--Ben