Re: [Evolution] Can't Access Conduits

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 22:58, Ed Wilts wrote:
On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 20:58, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 14:33, Ed Wilts wrote:

I managed to mangle half my records on my Pilot on my last synch, and now I
only trust it to copy records from the Pilot to Evo, and not synch between
the two.

What was the problem?  Is it replicable?

The problem is that I'm trying to synch to 2 PCs - one at work (using
Intellisynch) and one at home (Evo).  Ideally, I'd like the ability to
add records from Evo into my Pilot, and get them transferred to work,
and then do the reverse.  I'm not sure if this can even be made to work.

With Intellisynch, I have a lot more control over individual transfers.
For example, on a field by field basis, I can specify which of the Pilot
or the host has the master info.  I can't easily specify if a record
should be deleted or copied, especially if I do synchs between the other
hosts (ie my Linux system).

Ah, ok.  So it wasn't truly a bug with the syncing - basically when you
sync with more than one computer it causes "slow" syncs to occur which
do record by record compare and store copies of stuff has changed, as
prescribed by the palm synching rules.  This can cause a bunch of
duplicates.

I'll investigate this Intellisynch software a bit more for future ideas.

-JPe
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com