Re: [Evolution] Can't Access Conduits

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 08:05:44AM -0600, James Harrison wrote:
All,

I just downloaded, via RC, the new evo packages. I was hoping that the
new gnome-pilot package would fix my syncing problem.  Now I can't even
get to the conduits capplet.

In gnomecc I have

*MISSING NAME*
     *MISSING NAME*
           Pilot Conduits
           Pilot Link

(I also have this layout in the "Peripherals" section).  Unfortunately I
cannot access any conduit settings.  When I click on the "Pilot
Conduits" the capplet area of gnomecc is blank.  Pilot Link however
works as expected.

This RH7.2 with all Ximian updates.
BTW this is using control-center-1.4.0.1-ximian.5.rpm.

You should grab control-center plus.  I took it from the ftp site, upgraded
to RC2 on the weekend, and it's working for me now.

I would *really* like to see the synchronization handled like Intellisynch
does though.  Currently, you have to hope that a sync does the right thing
- there is no ability (that I've found) to preview what is really going to
happen, or to give the user the ability to selectively chose between which
from the Pilot or host is going to be used per record like Intellisynch
does.

I managed to mangle half my records on my Pilot on my last synch, and now I
only trust it to copy records from the Pilot to Evo, and not synch between
the two.

I've also heard some grumblings from a coworker of mine that he can't
control the field mapping.  He's got Custom fields on his Palm that he'd
like to synch with fields in Evo and hasn't figured that one out.

Overall, though, Pilot synching is getting better, but it's not what I'd
consider finished yet.
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org