Re: [Evolution] calendar dies in evolution rc 2

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 02:30:22PM +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
yes, a segmentation fault :-) So, please, could you send us a backtrace
of evolution-calendar? To do so, just:

gdb evolution-calendar
(gdb) run
... wait some seconds and then start evolution
... and when it fails:
(gdb) bt

To make it complete, you could just attach the backtrace to a bug in
http://bugzilla.ximian.com

cheers

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, but I was in classes and work today.  Anyway, I
did as you said, in one terminal I ran gdb evolution-calendar and in another I started
evolution.  evolution comes up, I click on Calendar and get the error dialog box.  I
then try to type

        (gdb) bt

but I cannot because I don't have an gdb prompt.  It is just sitting there with
the output from my typing run :

        Starting program: /usr/bin/evolution-calendar
        [New Thread 1024 (LWP 7945)]

Once I run killev, my (gdb) prompt comes back.  And if I do a bt I get :

        Cannot find thread 1024: generic error

After clicking on Calendar in evolution and just switch to my terminal with gdb
running and try to enter "bt" it still does not provide a prompt for it.

Is there something else I can do to provide you guys with a backtrace?

Thanks,

Steven Knight                   #include <standard_disclaimer.h>
steven knight unh edu           ICQ : 7061721 ; IM : skkataim

This was but a prelude; where books are burnt human-beings will be burnt in the end.
                --Heinrich Heine, 1820
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat.
                --Santayana
Will I ever use calculus again?
No. There is no connection between calculus and anything you will do in
life. We use it simply as a way to trick people into becoming mathematicians.