Re: [Evolution] calendar dies in evolution rc 2

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 00:39, Steven Knight wrote:
Hi,

I'm running evolution rc 2 and when I click on the Calendar after I
first start up evolution I get an dialog box that pops up with :

      The Evolution component that handles folder of type "cal" has
      unexpectedly quit.  You will need to quit Evolution and restart
      in order to access that data again.

Once this happens the rest of the components are unavailable and I have
to rest evolution.  Doing a killev,oaf-slay does nothing, I'm not able
to every use the Calendar.  The rest of the components in evolution work
without problem.  I've delete my ~/evolution/local/Calendar several
times but this does nothing.

The output I get in my shell from evolution is this :

      evolution-shell-WARNING **: Error changing interactive status of
      component OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent to FALSE
      --IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

I also started evolution-calendar in one terminal and started evolution
in another and the only output I got in my evolution-calendar terminal
is :

      Segmentation fault ( core ).

yes, a segmentation fault :-) So, please, could you send us a backtrace
of evolution-calendar? To do so, just:

gdb evolution-calendar
(gdb) run
... wait some seconds and then start evolution
... and when it fails:
(gdb) bt

To make it complete, you could just attach the backtrace to a bug in
http://bugzilla.ximian.com

cheers