From: Jeffrey Stedfast [mailto:fejj ximian com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 9:24 AM
To: mwestern affairs net au
Cc: evolution ximian com
Subject: RE: [Evolution] Re: local inbox vs. IMAP inbox

Contact and Calendar data has no business being stored in an IMAP
folder, IMAP is for mail.

Moving contact and calendar data to the local addressbook/calendar has
nothing to do with POP.

Jeff

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 17:50, Matthew Western wrote:
Local Folders - Inbox = Mail Messages
Local Folders - Sent Items = Mail Messages
Local Foldres - Calendar = Calendar View
Local Folders - COntact = Contacts View
All Above = Very Good

IMAP Folders - Inbox = Mail messages
IMAP Folders - Sent Items = Mail messages
IMAP Folders - Calendar = Mail Messages
IMAP Folders - Contacts = Mail Messages
Sad.

In Outlook2k, i say this folder is a Calendar folder and voila, it looks
like a Calendar.
In Evolution, i don't know how/don't know if i can/am wondering if it's on
the todo list for developers....

Hope this explains...

Do I want to drag and drop to my local folders?  no i do not. that would
defeat the purpose of having my IMAP mail on the server, i may as well use
POP.

Matthew