Re: [Evolution] Can't Access Conduits

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 15:05, James Harrison wrote:
All,

I just downloaded, via RC, the new evo packages. I was hoping that the
new gnome-pilot package would fix my syncing problem.  Now I can't even
get to the conduits capplet.

In gnomecc I have

*MISSING NAME*
     *MISSING NAME*
           Pilot Conduits
           Pilot Link

(I also have this layout in the "Peripherals" section).  Unfortunately I
cannot access any conduit settings.  When I click on the "Pilot
Conduits" the capplet area of gnomecc is blank.  Pilot Link however
works as expected.

I have the same problem, and I've also seen similar problems with
previous gnome-pilot RPMs from Ximian. Installing gnome-pilot from
http://www.eskil.org/gnome-pilot/ will let you access the conduits, but
will segfault with linking problems if you try to sync. (Installing
pilot-link from eskil.org will probably solve this problem, but I
haven't tried.)

I have _two_ "Pilot Conduits" (the other further down under
"Peripherials"), but both give the same result.

I have compared the desktop file in Ximian's and Eskil's packages, and
they are identical. So something seems to be wrong with
gpilotd-control-applet.

--
    Håvard

havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||+47 93 84 64 68
All it takes to start an avalanche is one snowflake||Or a snowboarder
     Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrapé un Fraggle!