Re: [Evolution] file goad.c: line 1237 (goad_server_register): assertion failed

On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 16:51, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 17:05, Eric Lambart wrote:
Note: I'm resending this message which I sent yesterday, with a new
subject; if anyone who could help me happens to be (like me) reading in
threaded mode, this will have gotten stuck down with the September
messages.

I am having a similar error again, after a couple of crashes trying to
sync and then shutting down gpilotd and the applet (which also will not
start, same assertion failed in goad.c error)

[~]$ gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.61 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.9.5
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [GOAD] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating server

** WARNING **: Could not get name service!

** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 1237 (goad_server_register): assertion
failed: (name_server != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

This is a gnorba error.  Do you ever run things over ssh?  I've seen
this occur when you run things over ssh and and then run them locally
(or vice versa).

-JP

Thanks for your quick reply, JP.

No, no SSH here.  Installed, perhaps, but I've never used it.

I forget if I did something specific to fix this problem before; it may
have just been a snapshot or other update, but I used to have this
problem, it went away, then everything worked.  Then I started having
sync problems and couldn't restart gpilotd after shutting it down.  I
haven't tried restarting the computer... hate to kill that uptime :)  I
may try that tonight.

I did just install the latest version of sawfish (from sourceforge, I
think), which doesn't seem to work at all with Ximian's gnomecc and has
some other minor problems though it generally works great.
--Eric