[Evolution] Re: file goad.c: line 1237 (goad_server_register): assertion failed

On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 17:05, Eric Lambart wrote:
Note: I'm resending this message which I sent yesterday, with a new
subject; if anyone who could help me happens to be (like me) reading in
threaded mode, this will have gotten stuck down with the September
messages.

I am having a similar error again, after a couple of crashes trying to
sync and then shutting down gpilotd and the applet (which also will not
start, same assertion failed in goad.c error)

[~]$ gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.61 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.9.5
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [GOAD] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating server

** WARNING **: Could not get name service!

** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 1237 (goad_server_register): assertion
failed: (name_server != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

This is a gnorba error.  Do you ever run things over ssh?  I've seen
this occur when you run things over ssh and and then run them locally
(or vice versa).

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com