Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Problem after upgrade

On 29 May 2001 20:34:02 -0500, Larry Ewing wrote:
This problem is caused by red-carpet installing evolution from the
preview channel and gtkhtml from the snapshot channel.  To work aroung
this you need to force red-carpet to either install all snapshot
packages or all preview packages by hand.  We are working on a proper
fix.

So here's my experiences of the last 24 hours:

 - Did "the Ximian thing" getting XG1.4 and thus Red Carpet.
 - Worked around the RH62 RC bug (have to su - root and run
/usr/sbin/red-carpet
 - Figured out how to subscribe to channels, sub'd to RH62, XG14 and
EvoSnaps but NOT Ximian Previews
 - Installed buttload of stuff, first RH62 updates then the entire
contents of EvoSnaps
 - Had prettier Evo, smiled and danced
 - Tried to compose mail. Enter key did NOT present a problem, clicking
Send DID (giving a crash dialog for 'gnome-gtkhtml-editor' but not
taking down all of Evo)
 - Read archives, tried various combinations of newEvo/oldGtkhtml,
oldEvo/newGtkhtml, etc, thus experiencing the "Enter key" problem
 - Went back to old Evo and old Gtkhtml

Now I'll just wait for new snaps. Well, and some sort of indication on
this list that sending mail and pressing "Enter" both work. Oh, and my
contacts didn't get fried... go figure.

--
---
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland LLC - http://zero.kgon.com