Re: [Evolution] There is absolutely a bug with the delete key

On 08 May 2001 23:38:09 +0000, dan hensley att net wrote:
You have upgraded orbit?

Yes, from orbit-stable-0-5.  That's what's so frustrating
about this--as far as I know I've got all the latest stable
packages from all the correct branches, and I've verified
several times to the best of my knowledge that I don't have
extraneous files in other paths, etc., but I still seem to
have a problem that no one else has (or will admit to).  I

You seem to have this whole attitude of 'conspiracy against dan'.
Really, its not the case!

I know...sorry if it comes across that way.  It's more like,
I can't believe no one else has this problem, especially since
I'm so careful to keep my system sane.  I really like Evolution,
and I don't think there's anything else out there that quite
stacks up.  I just don't like crashes.  :-/

Well, we all got pretty caught by the hit-return-it-crashes thing, but
ORBit patched, did fix it for me.

You've tried like make clean and whatnot?  Out of date idl compilation ?
I dont know, i'm grasping at straws here.

Yeah, I'm very careful.  After updating from CVS,
I copy the directory tree to another one and build in there.
I think I've used up all my straws.  I have no idea what else
to try.  I was hoping to get a copy of someone's
gtkhtml/components/html-editor/Editor-skels.c
on a system that works, to compare it to the one my system
generates, to make sure it's being generated correctly.  You
don't have one you can send, do you?  ;-)

But that's different from the IMAP focus issue above.  That
one's pretty minor in my book since it doesn't seem to have
any adverse effect.

The focus issues seem very sawfishy (or something), I dont use sawfish
and dont really have these sorts of problems.

I don't doubt that it's sawfish (it wouldn't surprise me
if the <DEL> key problem is sawfish as well.  I suppose I
should just go back to icewm.

Thanks,
Dan