Re: [Evolution] There is absolutely a bug with the delete key

On 08 May 2001 23:38:09 +0000, dan hensley att net wrote:

On 08 May 2001 14:48:58 +0000, dan hensley att net wrote:

There do appear to be other focus problems between IMAP
and local mail folders (I think I reported that this
weekend but haven't seen any responses yet).  Is this what
you've seen?  To me it looks like the message highlight
color is different between the two, but I suppose that could
be because the focus is different between the two.

  Uhm, what do you mean?  I am pretty sure that there is no difference,
at GUI/focus level, between the way IMAP folders and local folders are
handled.

Just try it out.  I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly
how to reproduce it now, but it just happened to me again 5
minutes ago.  When I clicked on message headers in the message
list window of my IMAP folder, they were highlighted in gray.
Then I think I switched to my local Inbox (where they always have
highlighted in blue, but the <DEL> key selectively stops working),
and switched back, my IMAP message headers started highlighting
in blue.  Both of these problems probably are focus-related,
and were recently introduced.  If I can come up with a way
to reproduce this one faithfully, I'll submit another bug report.
But this absolutely positively does happen.  I'm not sure if
the IMAP highlight color problem introduces anything else.

Dan

P.S.  I'm using the evolution-0-10 branch, and everything else
is most recent from CVS.  And gtkhtml still crashes if I open
the Compose window, type a few characters, then hit <CR>.  This
has been going on for weeks now (see bug 2517), but I'm not getting
anywhere with it.

You have upgraded orbit?

Yes, from orbit-stable-0-5.  That's what's so frustrating
about this--as far as I know I've got all the latest stable
packages from all the correct branches, and I've verified
several times to the best of my knowledge that I don't have
extraneous files in other paths, etc., but I still seem to
have a problem that no one else has (or will admit to).  I

You seem to have this whole attitude of 'conspiracy against dan'.
Really, its not the case!

just don't know what else to try.  I've manually deleted both
gtkhtml and orbit libraries from the path where it is installed
(/usr/local), rebuilt, and reinstalled as well.  But NOTHING
is fixing the Compose window crash that I've been experiencing
for over 2 weeks now.

Well, we all got pretty caught by the hit-return-it-crashes thing, but
ORBit patched, did fix it for me.

You've tried like make clean and whatnot?  Out of date idl compilation ?
I dont know, i'm grasping at straws here.

But that's different from the IMAP focus issue above.  That
one's pretty minor in my book since it doesn't seem to have
any adverse effect.

The focus issues seem very sawfishy (or something), I dont use sawfish
and dont really have these sorts of problems.