[Evolution] evolution slightly misses the boat...

It took me a while to realize it - I was using daily snapshots and
growing fat and happy, but then I realized Evo could no longer verify
the PGP signatures generated by a friends (windows based) mailer.

That's odd.  I thought.

Then I remembered - his mailer (using the latest windows-based PGP
plugin) is generating in-line PGP signatures - which evo doesn't want to
look for (no argument from me - mutt doesn't either - it's silly and
expensive, scanning the message body for the pgp block, rather than just
looking for the mime header).

I have a procmail recipe that does the conversion during fetchmail
process.

'Course since I've been using evo's built in POP support, procmail
doesn't get run...

So now I have to ask if there's a way to have the "send/receive" button
invoke a handler process on the mail before delivery - or something
equally ugly.

Any suggestions?

It would, of course, be nice if everyone else in the world did the right
thing - but since that's not likely to happen in our lifetimes - I'd
really like a better answer than "fix the broken windows mailer/pgp
interface."

Oh, and could someone on the evo (or gtkhtml) teams *please* implement
the control-shift-arrow bindings to select-previous-word (rather than
jump to the subject widget)?

Cheers.

--
   Dan Berger [dberger ix netcom com]
   http://home.ix.netcom.com/~dberger

   "If you can't explain it to an 8-year-old, you don't understand it"
                                        --Albert Einstein
    A982 E6B1 CB2F 7A49  843A 9297 DA73 4371  1F54 8D0C