Re: [Evolution] +cvs.2001.03.22.09.00 observations.

On 24 Mar 2001 13:03:03 -0500, Craig Longman wrote:
On 23 Mar 2001 21:09:21 -0600, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
On 23 Mar 2001 11:58:44 -0500, Craig Longman wrote:

I'm not sure what you're talking about, here.  I just highlighted and
middle-clicked this here:

From: Craig Longman <craigl begeek com>
To:   evolution helixcode com
Subject:      [Evolution] +cvs.2001.03.22.09.00 observations.
Date: 23 Mar 2001 11:58:44 -0500

that's very strange.  from the preview frame, highlighting the whole
header part and pasting, i get this:

Subject:      Re: [Evolution] +cvs.2001.03.22.09.00 observations.
Date:         23 Mar 2001 21:09:21 -0600

and when i highlighted it, the addresses were not visually selected.
are you running on the latest version ( this .10 release )?

I'm running the CVS version (cvs -z3 update -dP evolution).  I didn't
know there was a .10 branch yet (not that it's ever publicized or
anything...).  My gtkhtml is from the GTHKTML_0_8_3 branch of cvs from
around March 8.

I personally like the individual meters for each server, so that's where
my vote goes...

no, i must have been unclear.  it needs to be individual meters for each
server, absolutely.  but i just want the gauge to display how many
emails in TOTAL have been/are being downloaded from each server, not
display how much of each individual email has been downloaded.  that
information tells me abosultely nothing about how long it is going to

Ah, I see.  Yes, that would be better.  Perhaps the progress bar, and
then a little counter off to the side displaying/incrementing the number
of messages downloaded so far from the server.  I agree completely.

Hmm. evolution-mail crashes on a regular basis.  I'm not sure what makes
it crash, but it doe.  Unespectedly and often.

well, yes.  but this was a way i can get it to crash reliably.  i just
wanted someone else to check.  however, dan indicated that the expunging
process has a number of issues with it that they are aware of and can
already reproduce, so i will just be more careful and make sure a
non-expunged email is selected before expunging.

Hmm.  Mine crashes when I'm exiting evolution.  Often it crashes in the
middle of a session.  I think it depends on which CVS version I
have--the point of crashing seems to move each time I update my
evolution source tree.  I hadn't tried expunging with a deleted message
selected.  Not going to, right now, of course! ;)

--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.