Re: [Evolution] Cannot initialize the Evolution shell.

I found the evolution mailing archive and searched for my problem. Low
and behold it was there. I just followed these instructions from
Ettore Perazzoli ettore helixcode com:

  This means that, for some reason, the shell cannot be registered on
OAF.  You should check that:

    * oafd is in your $PATH.

    * GNOME_Evolution_Shell.oafinfo and the other
      GNOME_Evolution_*.oafinfo files are readable and installed in
      $prefix/share/oaf, where $prefix is one of the prefixes listed in
      $GNOME_PATH or $OAF_INFO_PATH.  (These variables are supposed to
      contain $PATH-like colon-separated lists of paths.  If the
      installation prefix for Evolution is different from that). Run
      `oaf-slay' once before running `evolution' again if you change
      $GNOME_PATH or $OAF_INFO_PATH.

    * evolution, evolution-mail and the other evolution-* executables
      are in your $PATH (but I guess this is already the case).

  I hope this helps...

--
Ettore