Re: [Evolution] +cvs.2001.03.22.09.00 observations.

On 23 Mar 2001 11:58:44 -0500, Craig Longman wrote:

ok, i've been using the new build for a little while now, and noticed a
few things i would like to mention.

- i get frustrated often by the fact that the to/from email addresses
are now some sort of second-class citizen in the gtkhtml view.  i cannot
highlight them with the mouse to copy and past them.  they appear to be
separate floating elements somehow.  the font layouts are also pretty
weird, the comma character appearing way below the baseline of the rest
of the txt.  this baseline mixup might be related to the floating thing,
as the commas appear to be normal text, but the addresses are not.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, here.  I just highlighted and
middle-clicked this here:

From:   Craig Longman <craigl begeek com>
To:     evolution helixcode com
Subject:        [Evolution] +cvs.2001.03.22.09.00 observations.
Date:   23 Mar 2001 11:58:44 -0500

and that means even less to me.  if this is up for any sort of a vote,
then i say it should go back to the old way, a meter indicating the
_total_ download status of all emails, not the individual emails.

I personally like the individual meters for each server, so that's where
my vote goes...

- when i have a folder full of a bunch of emails ( multiple screens full
), then starting from the top, i select an email halfway down the
visible portion, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list
( so that the emails that won't be deleted are not visible ) then click
'delete' then 'expunge', i get a fairly reliable crash.  can anyone else
confirm this?

Hmm. evolution-mail crashes on a regular basis.  I'm not sure what makes
it crash, but it doe.  Unespectedly and often.  It doesn't bring down
the shell, though.  What would be nice is, when it crashes, if the shell
would restart evolution-mail.  Simply typing "evolution-mail" doesn't
seem to work.

--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.