Re: [Evolution] [off-topic] sblive and esd?

Le 2001.03.14 07:03:53 +0100, dan hensley att net a écrit :

Never mind.  I compiled esound with --enable-alsa=no, and esd
starts up now.  The only problem now is that it won't play Gnome
sounds, not even if I start it manually.  Stupid thing.

Dan

esd has a rather crude authorization mechanism: the first user which plays
a sound can be the only one. So if you tried it as root, your normal user
will be rejected. Just restart it.
Or try the -public flag.

Xav