Re: [Evolution] Dealing with broken mailers

On 13 Mar 2001, Richard Zach wrote:

On 13 Mar 2001 18:39:42 +1030, Not Zed wrote:
People using the bounce command usually dont want you to know anyway/or
dont think its important.

Nevertheless, *I* might think it's important.

And as the Evolution developers say: "We accept patches :)"

They are building the client for us (the users) not them (the developers)
and there's a lot I'd like to see happen myself, but I'd rather have a
stable mailer that does IMAP, scheduling, contacts, and all that other
jazz before getting refinements (like making my sent-mail be an IMAP
folder).  That's a big one for me.  *BUT* until they get around to
implementing it, I work around it by whipping up a script to import my
sent-mail folder to my IMAP one daily.  Not a perfect solution, but it's
on their todo list and that's good enough for me.

Seriously though, I can see where they are coming from in not addressing
it pre-1.0.  It'd probably be easier to petition the Eudora team to do
their bounce messages differently since that's really the problem.

Brian