Re: [Evolution] possibly stupid PGP/GPG display question

On 28 Feb 2001 18:35:49 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
That won't work because you don't have to sign the message, you can sign
any part or parts (including the toplevel part which is the message) so
you need to have a way to show validity of each signed part, not just
the message as a whole.

Jeff

Ah, that's much harder than I thought, then.  I suppose you could put a
'This message is not digitally signed' blurb after everything that
wasn't, and that might work, yet would be annoying.  Otherwise it really
has to be out of band, in an icon (click for details?) or something.

Personally, I'm considering this further evidence that HTML mail is the
Work of the Devil.  (I'll spare you my 'font tag considered harmful'
rant...)  No choice but to support it, though...

- Mike Earl