[Evolution] death after splash-screen

Hi,

When I start evolution I get the splash-screen that highlights the
icons as the program is initialized. Once done, it just sits there and
the splash-screen does not go away.

There seems to be an evolution-mail processes hogging the CPU reading
something of zero-length (found this using strace).

I've appended the debugging output (--debug=/tmp/foobar) below.

Thanks,
Gil

Registered type for component -- (contacts) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (vtrash) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (mailstorage) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (mail) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (tasks) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (calendar) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (executive-summary) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent
Shell: Registering storage -- VFolders
Folder registered successfully -- ...
Folder registered successfully -- ...
Folder registered successfully -- ...
Folder registered successfully -- /UNMATCHED UNMATCHED
Shell: Registering storage -- Other Contacts
Folder registered successfully -- /Bigfoot Bigfoot
Folder registered successfully -- /InfoSpace InfoSpace
Folder registered successfully -- /Netcenter Netcenter
Folder registered successfully -- /WhoWhere WhoWhere
Folder registered successfully -- /Yahoo! Yahoo!