Re: [Evolution] wombat crash with CVS Evolution while creating compose window

On 03 Jun 2001 03:36:12 -0400, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
I just compiled Evolution from CVS and get a wombat crash message
whenever I open a composer window. Here is the backtrace:

  I think this is fixed on CVS now.  (If you are using anoncvs, it will
take a while to propagate, as usual.)

I did an oaf-slay and killev and the wombat crash does not happen
anymore. However, all my contacts are gone, and I can't create new
contacts even when I start with a new addressbook.db.

  BTW: what platform are you using?

Mandrake 7.2 with kernel 2.4.5.

  If the problem persists, I'd suggest you follow my suggested approach
for installing Berkeley DB 3.1.17 to make sure you are linking with the
right library (if you haven't used a similiar procedure already).

I had already installed it that way after reading the libdb3 docs. Only
difference is that I installed under /usr/local/BerkeleyDB3.1.17 instead
of /opt. I don't think that matters. I then point evolutions autogen
script to the proper include and lib files.

Ujwal